Attorney Elizabeth Berrones concentrates in all areas of family law and real estate. Attorney Berrones is a 1998 Honors graduate (top 1%) from the University of Illinois, with a Bachelor of Arts, and a 2001 Dean’s List Juris Doctorate graduate from the DePaul University College of Law.
Attorney Berrones was the Director of the Family Law Program for the Cabrini Green Legal Aid Clinic from 2001-2004. She subsequently was employed as a Staff Attorney for the DuPage Bar Legal Aid Service in Wheaton.
Attorney Berrones is a State of Illinois certified Family Law Mediator and has also been appointed by the Court as a Guardian ad Litem in many cases. She is a member of the Kane County Bar Association, the DuPage County Bar Association, the Kendall County Bar Association, the Chicago Bar Association, the Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois, the Illinois State Bar Association and Aurora Hispanic Chamber of Commerce.
- Appointed by the Illinois Supreme Court to Character and Fitness Committee
- State of Illinois Certified Family Law Mediator
- Court Appointed Guardian ad Litem
- Board of Directors for Prairie State Legal Services
- Elected to Kane County Bar Foundation as a Director
- Volunteer at KCBA Cares Program
- Serves on Family Law and Diversity Committees for the KCBA
- Kane County Bar Foundation Pro-Bono Attorney of the Year 2010
- DePaul University Distinguished Alumni Service Award in 2005
- The Chicago Bar Association Public Interest Award in 2003
- Illinois State Bar Association Member
- DuPage, Kane and Kendall County Bar Association Member
- Aurora Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Member
- Chair for the Women in the Law Committee, Kane County Bar Association 2013-2014
- Women of Distinction Award, Kane County Magazine 2012
- Kimball and Karen Anderson Fellowship, Chicago Bar Association 2006